October 14, 2008

À bout de souffle


Today I watched the awesome À bout de souffle. I'm not an expert, but this is the most cynical, nastiest and funniest Belmondo I've seen. While watching I had to pause to write down some quotations (in Spanish, sorry):

* Lo bonito es despertarse al lado de una chica, no dormirse a su lado.

* Los sentimientos son un lujo que pocas mujeres se permiten.

* - ¿Cuál es su ambición más grande? - Ser inmortal, y después, morir.

But there are a lot of quotations which make you laugh when you read them again. I was laughing so much while watching the movie, and it had been a good preparation for my November trip to Paris.

Jean Seberg is so cute that I resist myself to believe Carlos Fuentes' account of their affaire. I like to believe she would never go out with him, not to say have a single stand. (She looked similar to the shor-haired Dolores O'Riordan of the late 90's.)

Technically, À bout de souffle marked a new era in the history of cinema with the use of cut jumps, handcameras and no studio footage.

4 comments:

Guillermo Núñez said...

maldito fuentes

Roberto Rivadeneyra said...

La primera cita que escribiste la leí en La insoportable levedad del ser de Kundera. Absolutamente cierta.

Enrique G de la G said...

¿A poco se la pirateó? No sabía...

Mariana said...

godard es un mago. un seductor. ¿vienes en noviembre? avísame para vernos. un beso. (por cierto, hay una expo de pollok que podrás ver cuando andes por aquí)

Visitors