May 24, 2008

Capitalist-communist Friday

My Friday, yesterday:

10.00 Go to Potsdamer Platz and do some French. I observe very consciously the buildings of Rafael Moneo, Renzo Piano, Helmut Jahn, Sharoun (the burned Philarmonie).

12.00 Go to the Humboldt University, and meet C by chance: the second time in 48 hours. Funny! Had a long French conversation about odd and casuality with M and T.

14.00 Explain to S some architectural issues next to Friedrichstrasse like, for instance, about Christian Boros' bunker-art-gallery (and I miss the Mies' Barcelona-Pavillon-copy stuff).

18.00 Talk with AL about McKenzey, PricewaterhouseCoopers, banks, and pure capitalism in a good capitalistic restaurant just around the corner of Bertold Brecht's Ensamble in East Berlin.

19.30 Meet A while shopping with H. I talk about the convenience of wearing Timberland shoes.

21.00 As I'm passing by, I see that Jean-Luc Godard's La chinoise is about to start, so I slip into the cinema just like that. But since I haven't read Dostoievsky's The Possessed I really don't get it at all. I like Véronique's explanation of the two-frontal-fight, the red Maoist books aesthetics, the capital i's written with their point, and the movie is depicting with such clearness the events about to happen next year, that I feel impressed. I wonder why those guys where so excited about changing the world.

22.30 I have a drink in a trendy bar with A & H. I pay 8.50€ for a Bloody Mary.

No comments:

Visitors