May 23, 2009

Messages from the outside, real world

As a boy, I was always puzzled by the warning in the car's mirror: "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear". It was there, as a constant warning about the exterior world. In my childhood I spent thousands of hours in the car: going to school, to some sport matches, on a trip, etc.


Nowadays I happily lack of a car. The mail has replaced it: Gmail is the place where I spent most of the time now, so to say. The actual notice from the outside world is not that threatening, but positive about it, and even cheerful: "No new mail! Want to read updates from your favorite sites? Try Google Reader".


Maybe I should read this novel to understand that mirrors and internet distort reality...



2 comments:

Guillermo Núñez said...

Parece imagen de Duel, la primera.

david-. said...

Y se parece también: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/T-rex2.jpg

¿Lo viste en Valle, Guillermo?

Visitors