March 7, 2012

Photo booths


I was thinking about the photo booth, when I learned about an exhibition in Switzerland about this very topic. Unfortunately I am going to miss it, but it sounds great, with images by Louis Aragon, Richard Avedon, André Breton, Paul Eluard, Max Ernst, Lee Friedlander, Jacques-Henri Lartigue, Raymond Queneau, Gerhard Richter, Cindy Sherman, Yves Tanguy, Andy Warhol, David Wojnarowicz, Fluxus, among others.

After Amélie, the photo booth regained a nostalgic rebirth. I used to take pictures of myself for bureaucratic purposes, always at Alexanderplatz, right in front of Dussman, but the last time when I was there, it had been used as a toilette, and it was impossible to breath there. I never used the one around the corner at Kastanienallee...


 Amélie Poulain (2001)


Esther Bubley, Washington DC (1943)


 
Mathieu Pernot, Jonathan, Mickael, Priscilla: cabine du photomaton (1996)



 Cynthia Rose, Old photo booth at the Palais de Tokyo métro station, Paris (2010)
 

Philippe Starck, Photomaton (2010)


No comments:

Visitors