September 2, 2008

Be careful: Books!

Checking Adriana's blog, I saw this image of Mladen Penev (check other nice variations, as well as other cool projects)...


...which made me think immediately of Nathan Coley's advice: Give up the good book | Pick up a good gun (2008)...

... which I saw in the most controversial art gallery Haunch of Venison.

In spring I went to their newest venue in the (of course!) Heidestraße with T, who took this cool pic. Notice that the card covering my face is a sample of Nathan Coley's Palace.

(And talking about guns, I posted some time ago two guys shooting their glasses like Warhol's Elvis.)

3 comments:

Roberto Rivadeneyra said...

Interesante.

En el número de Istmo que estamos cerrando viene un artículo de Mariana (la que tú y yo conocemos) sobre el 68 y afirmando que ahora se utilizan las letras para denunciar, como si fueran armas.

Ya te pasaré el link cuando se publique.

Saludos y qué buena discusión se armó sobre la marcha.

Enrique G de la G said...

Ah, pues yastás: de aquí sacas las ilustraciones adecuadas para el artículo. Chido.

Anonymous said...

y, detrás de la cabeza, un Pollock

Visitors