September 15, 2008

How I read

I've noticed that my lecture habits have changed lately whilst reading newspapers, magazines and e-mails. I start reading the least interesting part (Finance) or letter (mail by someone I don't know), and peau à peau I move towards the most interesting (Feuilleton, Politics, mails of my girl or my fam).

Thomas Aquinas defines "hope" as the happiness /expectation of a good you're trying to attain. The Catholic Encyclopedia points out: "Hope, in its widest acceptation, is described as the desire of something together with the expectation of obtaining it. The Scholastics say that it is a movement of the appetite towards a future good, which though hard to attain is possible of attainment".

So I guess this is kind of a unconscious mechanism to expand the joy of what I'm about to read, instead of, impatiently, starting reading that in the first place.

Photo: Nikka Melt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuEVaXu7meY

T?

Guillermo Núñez said...

Cuando el lunch, cuando en la primaria, lo último que me comía era el peperami porque era lo que más me gustaba, cuando me lo daban.

Roberto Rivadeneyra said...

Lo que dice Memo lo sigo haciendo hoy. Del plato fuerte siempre primero las verduras y lo más rico hasta el final.

Y sí, Sydney se ve atractivo, jeje.

Visitors