April 15, 2009

Earlobes

For me, one of the most important characteristics of a human face (or head) is --yes, quite strange-- the earlobe. Ears without a lobule look a little bit strange for me, not really beautiful, as if something were missing.

An earlobe looks like a drop of water which got frozen before falling down, a flesh-stalactite which gives dynamism not only to the face and smile, but which is also responsible of avoiding a too simple interaction between the ear and the temple. A sexy corner.

These reasons make me prefer earlobes which haven't been tortured by a simple earring-hole, or a more dramatic piercing, or a completely bizarre stretching. A clip-earring is enough to make it look better.

Till now I have found a single exception: Vanessa Paradis' lobeless ears...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and what is your explanation for people with two different lobes?
saludos :)

Enrique G de la G said...

Yes, I didn't know that, but C told me this afternoon, while talking about it, that she has two different lobes. I wasn't aware of it... It's spooky, isn't it? Hehe...

Visitors