March 14, 2011

Life - and heart - mis(t)eries

Today was one of the strangest days ever!

I took a train early in the morning in Marseille and headed to Nice. I wanted to work, and thus I turned on my computer. At some point I realized that I was not progressing, I closed it and looked through the window.

This was my second time in the Côte d'Azur. The previous time I went there to visit the girl whom I thought was the real love of my life. Met her family, walked around in their vineyards, had a wicked time...

And today, after hearing that we had left Toulon, I looked distracted through the window and... voici! Her house, her vineyard! I had in mind that they were close to the new highway, but I had completely forgotten the railway. And of course, of all places, I had to have a look to the outside world exactly at that very moment.

Now, she is happily (for me, and her and him) married. Period.


A few hours later, I am sitting in the airplane. And suddenly my heart crashes miserably, as I recalled flying exactly with this very airline to meet whom I thought was the real-real love of my life.

Somehow, I got incredibly close to the two big loves of my life, who yelled extremely loud at me. Today, of all days.

C'est la vie!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life´s too short to be wasted thinking about the past. Look forward for new one - new love - but maybe you missed one already...

Enrique G de la G said...

Thanks for your kind concerns, Anonymous.

Eva Jones said...

que conste que yo no hice el comentario anonymous pero comparto totalmente lo que dice! :)

Visitors